standalone player

Monday 21 February 2011

The one, and only

I think it's about time I shared my love for Richard D. James, aka Aphex Twin. The guy has some serious heavy-weight material going on, and for those of you who know of Aphex Twin, will know of his continuous work within the electronica music industry.

It's around about 04:35 in the morning, and I'm spending my time browsing YouTube. At this surreal time in the morning I often find myself listening to strange but wonderful music, and Aphex Twin always appears in the search bar at some part of the night.

But I'm not actually going to show you an Aphex Twin song, I'm going to show you a song that was somehow distributed across the internet via Torrents and P2P filesharing software as being Aphex Twin (just like the famous apparent Ghost in the Shell song, which I'm pretty sure turned out not to be Aphex at all) but indeed, Mr. James seemed to have no involvement with the song at all. I could be mistaken, but that's what I've gathered from information around the 'net.

I had aquired this song a while ago while browsing around the internet for some Aphex Twin material, and when I found this track I absolutely loved it, and I've just rediscovered it. The song is simply titled "Violin Solo". Imagine: violin + jazz + minimalistic bass + jazz piano chords = hyperactive yet extremely cool and laid back, Italian coffee bar. That's this song all over. Give it a listen, it's brill:

No comments:

Post a Comment