standalone player

Friday 8 April 2011

Feature: St. Lewis

Hey guys. Just a quick post to let you all know about the producer, St. Lewis.

Well to start, he comes from the same area as me and we used to play in a band together a couple of years ago as well. In fact, the first Akuma tracks were produced by Lewis as well (some unreleased stuff I've never found after my computer died). I remember the night we booked a hotel room, got wasted and just messed around with FL Studio all night, and what a night it was. That was the night the name Akuma was born, if I remember correctly.

His YouTube channel features some of the tracks he's completed, including original work and remixes. There's a underlying dark style, with a lot of Aphex Twin influence shining through in a couple of the mixes. It's raw, dark a lot of fun to listen to. Unfortunately at this current moment I'm unable to turn it up to a more Brad friendly volume as I'm in the office. But, I am downloading the MP3s (which are available free) which I'm planning to blast out at home later.

Since Lewis is drummer, and a damn good one at that, each track features catchy and very addictive drum patterns that drives the music through. "Symphony Scratcher" is a must listen.

So get down to his channel here and have a listen. Please leave comments and feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment